If you are listening to your recording preview and you notice the audio being cut off or you are not hearing audio, check or try the following:
- Did you speak longer than the allotted time?
The organizer can set a maximum time. The audio recording will automatically stop when the time limit has been reached. Shorten your speaking time so you finish before reaching the time limit.
- Are you using a supported device and browser?
With the speaker portal, you should use the most up-to-date version of Safari or Chrome on a computer. Review supported platforms here.
- Did you give permission for your browser to access the mic for this site?
Chrome: Review the steps at Google's Support site.
- Is your microphone recognized correctly by the browser?
Go to this page https://online-mic-test.com/ and run the recording test. The page will prompt to allow for access to the microphone. If the page displays an error, follow the suggestions on the page to fix the microphone issue.
- Are other applications running on your computer that could interfere?
Restart your computer, then shut down any other applications running on your computer.
If you have any browser extensions installed, disable those before recording.
Only have a single browser tab open to record.
- Have you tried a different browser?
Your specific setup on your machine may interfere with the recording feature. Try Chrome if you'd been using Safari, or vice-versa.
- Does it work on a different computer or device?
Your specific setup on your machine may interfere with the recording feature. Try using a different device to make your recording.