Your organizer should have provided you with a launch page to the app. Simply access this page from your desktop computer and you will see a URL listed to install the Android app file (.apk) directly on your device.
Enable your device to install files outside the store:
- Open your device's Settings app
- Scroll to the Security tab and select it
- Slide Unknown Sources to ON (Allow installation of applications from both trusted and unknown sources)
- If you are prompted with a security vulnerability warning, tap OK (Follow these steps and turn installing from Unknown Sources OFF after you installed the event app)
- Go to Settings
- Find the Security & privacy option and tap on it.
- Scroll down and look for 'install from unknown apps'. If it's not there, try under 'more'.
- You should be presented with a list of apps. Find your browser - Chrome, for example.
- Tap on it and then select Allow from this source.
- Go to Settings
- Go to Apps & notifications and then select configure apps.
- Scroll down. Find and tap advanced options or special app access.
- Scroll to the bottom of the special app access menu, where you can find the Install unknown apps option.
- Find your browser, (e.g. Chrome), tap it and select Allow from this source.
Install from the link:
- Open the Chrome browser on your device
- Enter the provided URL. You may be prompted to download the file. Press OK
- To access the file, either tap the Download Complete from the notification bar (swipe down from the status bar at the top of your screen) or, go to Applications > File Manager (there may be an app called "My Files" or "Downloads" or "Files" depending on your device manufacturer) and find the Download folder
- Tap the .apk file you downloaded to install and follow the prompts on your device.