Seeing something like the two "boxes" in the following image?
The EventPilot Conference App supports UTF-8 encoding. Check out this article for more information on encoding.
If you are seeing unexpected unusual characters near text that you added, a non-UTF-8 character might have snuck in. This can happen if you copy-pasted from certain sources, like Microsoft Word.
You can fix this! Take the following steps:
- Go back to the field in the Conference App Builder where you added the text
- Select the entire entry > Cut
- Paste it into a basic text editor, such as TextEdit for the Mac or Notepad on Windows, which should come preinstalled on your computer
- Erase any whitespace or other oddities that were brought over. In this example, that would be those two blank lines at the end.
- Copy and paste the modified text into the Conference App Builder
- Publish a data update to proof: Publish Menu > Publish Proof Data
- Accept the data update on your device
- Check to ensure the odd characters were successfully removed.