While you can enable the speaker portal for speakers to start uploading content, you do not yet need to add this content in the platform. When you are ready to add it, you can add the import source as needed.
Import the Uploaded Content in Media
- In the Conference App Builder > Media > click the PLUS button in the Imports section to add a new import source
- In the Source field, select User Portal Media
- In Media Type field, click on all the media types you are collecting (you can select one or to select multiple, hold the shift key while clicking on additional types)
- Click the Next button which brings you to the next tab, the Field Map
- The data is not all automatically mapped in field mapping and you need to make changes.
- Map the Icon to HTML Icon - we have seen cases where this field gets unmapped. So if you don't see thumbnails for uploaded videos or PDFs, then unmap/remap this field and reimport.
- The EventPilot Title appears as the title of the media item and should match your session title.
- The EventPilot Description appears as a short subtitle in the media item. We recommend mapping the label you applied to the upload request for presenters e.g. Poster, Video, etc.
- The data set also contains the session type and additional agenda filters that you need to apply to your media filters. Adding this metadata would allow you to, for example, create a layout tab in the native app or the desktop planner to a prefiltered list of just "Posters" or "Virtual Posters".
- Click Import to bring the data in
Associate the Media Items with your Sessions
- In the Conference App Builder > Agenda > Sessions > click the PLUS button in the Imports section to add a new import source
- n the Source field, select Speaker User Media
- In the Media Type field, click on all the media types you want to associate (you can select one or to select multiple, hold the shift key while clicking on additional types)
- Click Save which brings you to the next tab, the Field Map
- The session ID and media ID are automatically associated for you
- Click the Import button
Publish Your Content to Review
- In order to view the media items, publish to proof by clicking on Publish Menu in the top left in the Conference App Builder
- Publish Proof Data and then open your proof Planner (Conference App Builder > Home > Planner) and navigate to a session you know has a media item uploaded by the speaker to review.
- If everything looks the way you like, go ahead and publish to live Publish Menu > Publish Live Data
Schedule Automatic Imports
You can choose when to reimport the data sources. If you use the Import All for your other data sources from your Conference App Builder Home screen, then the speaker portal content will be imported at the same time.
You can also set up scheduled automatic imports and publishes.
- Ask your project manager to enable auto import / publish with a schedule such as once per day at 6am local event time zone
- Project Manager: Conference App Builder > Settings > Project Settings > Auto Import / Publish > ON
- Note: the auto import / publish will automatically import all data sources in agenda and media for you. You will receive an email if the import or publish incurred an error due to a data source issue (e.g. a session imported from another data source is missing a required field such as the session title or session type)
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article