Before editing, take a look at this article that covers how time blocks work.
This screen shot shows the end user experience in the desktop planner. The visual schedule is composed of time blocks. A user's scheduled sessions display overlaid in full color time blocks.
The time blocks in the example above are automatically generated from the data set. You can however create your own time blocks. If you do so, ensure that you are not leaving out any times where sessions or social events occur so that users won't miss anything you offer.
Watch the video below to see how to create time blocks yourself in the CMS > Agenda > Visual Schedule.
Note: The interface shown in the video is older, but the functionality in the current CMS is the same.
- Ensure that Auto Generate is toggled OFF.
- Set the number of columns you'd like displayed (1-3)
- Click anywhere in the line to create a time block
- Click on the pencil icon at the top right to edit the time block
- The color of the time block defaults to the same as the session type you assign to it. The colors for the session types are set in CMS > Agenda > Session Types. The time block defaults to gray if you select multiple different session types.